SLIDER

BITTERSWEET ANNOUNCEMENT

Friday, August 13, 2010

The following is the letter that I sent out to the customers on my waiting list announcing that I am taking a year off from photography.  This was a hard decision for me to make, but I know it is the right thing for me to do.  I will continue to post pictures that I will be working on from the families that I have photographed this month.  THANK YOU to everyone who has placed their faith in me by allowing me to photograph their families.  I am looking foward to starting back up by taking a couple of appointments per month next fall when Bella starts going to preschool.

                                                       _______________________________

This letter is to regretfully inform you that I am going to have to cancel my agreement to take your family pictures this year. After a lot of praying and talking to my husband, Kevin, we have decided that I need to take some time off from my photography business to concentrate on my family.


I have basically spent the last year working two full-time jobs from home, which has caused me to have to sacrifice more time from my family than I would like. I started getting requests for pictures around the same time that I started a child care business in my home. My photography business has grown way bigger than my wildest dreams. I have been getting a minimum of one request every day. It truly has been a dream come true for me, but I feel like it happened at the wrong time in my life.

I spent 11 years of my son’s life working in an office and missing out on so many things with him. When I was pregnant with Bella, I knew that I never wanted to have a job that required me to spend most of my time away from her and Nick. My photography business has gotten so busy that I have had to sacrifice a lot of my time away from my family that I will never get back.

My original plan was to stay at home and keep kids so that I could be a part of every minute of my kids lives. Each photography session takes up a minimum of 8 hours of my time just editing the best 20 or 30 pictures. That doesn’t include the time I spend taking the pictures, putting them on CDs and delivering them to clients.

While being a photographer is something that I have always wanted to do, I have always wanted to be a good mom more than anything. Right now my kids are 13 and 2 years of age. Both are hard ages to deal with. I recently read the 13th and 14th year of life are the hardest for kids and the best thing a parent can do is be there for them every single minute.

As of right now, I am planning on finishing up editing the photos I have taken recently, then I am going to take a year off from photography. I hope to take a few appointments next fall when Bella starts going to preschool a couple days a week. I hope and pray that I can be a photographer full-time when Bella goes to kindergarten and I have more time to devote to running this type of business and can really put my heart into it.

I believe God has gifted me with an eye and a heart for sharing His love through photography. I have so many ideas brewing in my head that I can’t wait to try in the future.

I apologize for causing any inconvenience to you in backing out of my agreement to take your family pictures. I will let you know when I decide to start working again. Thank you for putting your faith in me as a photographer. I look forward to photographing your family in the future.

God Bless,

Ericka Moore

2 comments:

Amy said...

OF COURSE we understand! Being there for your kids is THE most important part of raising them. I'm just glad that we squeezed in before you took your time off! lol! You definately ROCK and we will be looking forward to next time!;)

Stephanie Harbin said...

It is so hard to make the right decisions sometimes. People will miss you taking their photos, but they can always find someone else. Your kids will never find another mom. It is fantastic that you can be there for them.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...