SLIDER

Monkeyin' Around!

Thursday, January 21, 2010


I cannot believe this little monkey is 20 months old today! That just seems so old and doesn't sound like the age of a baby anymore. Is it really possible for my baby to be closer to the age of two than to one now?!? I wish time would just slow down for a bit.  And, no, this picture is not upside down.  Miss Bella is just hanging upside down while checking out all of the pigs at the Childress County Livestock Show where her big brother showed his pigs, Dolly and Loretta, last weekend.  Another post about the stock show is coming soon!

Here are few things about my little princess that I am loving right now:

* She loves to sing and dance as long as there are not too many people around.  She loves Ring Around the Rosey, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and Jesus Loves Me.
* She loves to talk - there just isn't much that she isn't saying these days.
* She is so HAPPY now after being such a cranky baby for the first 14 months of her life.
* She has gotten to be a little shy lately. (Hmmm..  Wonder where that comes from?!?)
* She is completely in love with her big brother, Nick.  And, Nick, is falling in love with her more every day.
* She is completely in love with her big sister, Matraca, and will not leave her alone when she is home.
* She is completely in love with her big sister, Brittany, even though she has not seen Brittany in over six months!  She loves looking at Brittany's pictures and talking about her.  She still asks to see Britt-Britt on the computer after we talked to her via Skype on Christmas Eve.
*  Most of the time she calls Kevin - Kevin.  She hears her daycare friends and Nick call him that and she picked up on it.  We are trying to teach her to call him Daddy.
* She loves to watch Dora, Mickey Mouse, Blues Clues, the Backyardigans and Barney (ugh..).
* She loves her friends, Olivia and Jonah, who stay with us during the day.  She calls their parents, Mom and Dad, too.  We are working on that one, too! : )
* She gets excited when I tell her it's naptime and loves sleeping with all of her stuffed animals.  (We'll see how long this lasts!)
* She loves having tea parties and wearing her high-heeled dress-up shoes and boots.  She also loves to play ball and with monster trucks.
* She is very bossy.
* She cannot leave the house until all of the following have been taken care of: shoes, bow and jacket on, Muffy (our dog) put in the bathroom, diaper bag, sippy cup and keys must be in my hands and a movie in the DVD player in our car.  If I forget any of these things, she will remind me.
* She has made our family complete.

The past 20 months have flown by.  I love being a stay at home mom, even though it is stressful at times.  Some days I start thinking about the things that I miss from working outside of the house, but then I look at that little beauty growing up so fast and I realize that I do not want to miss a second of her childhood.  Being a stay at home/work from home mom has been such a blessing in my life.  It is a job I always dreamed about when Nick was a tiny tot and never dreamed that I would get a chance to work and be with my kids all day.  God has been so GOOD to me!

3 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Adorable! Happy 20 months! :)

Pineapple Princess said...

Is this the picture w/the lashes? I would have never known... they look totally natural. Great job! :)
She is a total doll!

奇異果 said...

一起加油吧..................................................

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...