SLIDER

Casting Crowns Concert!

Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas came early for me this year! Kevin and I got to go on a date this past Saturday to Wichita Falls to see Casting Crowns and Matt Redman in concert. This is the first time Kevin and I were able to get away by ourselves in months! It was so nice to be able to sit down and eat a meal without any kids to tend to! We did a little Christmas shopping that afternoon (of course I tortured Kevin with a trip to Target), had a yummy meal at Red Lobster and headed to the concert.

The concert was AWESOME and lasted over three hours! I knew almost every song and sang the entire time! I have been a HUGE fan of Casting Crowns for about three years. Their songs are so great and inspirational. Their band is very talented and they sound as good in person as they do in real life. I have been singing Matt Redman's worship songs forever and it was great seeing him, too!

If you don't know about Casting Crowns, you should definitely check them out. Each member of the group is a youth worker at their church. They get ideas for songs from their Wednesday night Bible lessons. The lead singer, Mark Hall, has an amazing voice and a huge heart for serving the Lord. One of the best parts was learning about their involvement with World Vision
and their efforts to help hungry, needy children throughout the world.

As soon as the concert was over, the band flew back home to Georgia so they could lead worship at their church on Sunday morning. Sounds like they are very busy, but it is obvious they love what they do. Here are a few pics:

Matt Redman
Matt Redman leading worship. I knew the songs, but thought it was neat they posted the words to all the songs on the big screens for everyone to sing along.


Casting Crowns

Lead singer, Mark Hall

Casting Crowns singing to acoustics
The ENTIRE concert was great, but the second half the band was mostly just sitting and singing beautiful worship music and it was so touching that I cried through most of it. (Sad, I know!) The words in their songs are just powerful. They sang the song "Here I Go Again" and that song gets me every time I hear it! The first half of the concert was FUN and loud and they were ROCKIN! I told Kevin that they are going to be rockin' it in heaven someday just like that!
If you haven't heard the songs from their new album, it is definitely worth the money. The song "Until the Whole World Hears" is great and has been stuck in my head since Saturday. Mark Hall said that song is their anthem - to keep singing (about God) until the whole world hears. Be looking and listening, I'm working on adding a playlist to my blog with some of their music!

Me and Kevin before the concert

1 comment:

Jackie said...

So glad you had a good time! :) And thanks again for the pictures!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...