SLIDER

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I would like to take the time to personally THANK all of the wonderful families who have allowed me to photograph them. I have always loved taking pictures and designing things on the computer. This new age of digital photography has been a perfect fit for me and my talents. I have been so excited and surprised by the response that I have received from so many people and their interest in my photography. It has always been a dream of mine to be able to stay at home and be a mom first and still have a job that I love second.

Thanks to my sweet husband for allowing me to do what I want, I have been blessed to be able to stay at home with my kids AND with kids from two other amazing families! I have grown to love these kids like they are my own. I spend part of nap time and when I don't have extra kids pursuing my photography business - mostly editing photos and some time doing the actual picture taking. I have enjoyed being able to spend the time taking pictures of families and getting to know them a little better.

MOST IMPORTANT PART:
Because I have had such a great response, I thought I would let everyone know how my photography business works and my plans for the future - just in case you might want to know. Currently I charge $40 for four people or less and an additional $10 per person after that. (Basically $10 per person.) i think that's a steal of a deal! I take (usually around 100) high quality pictures, edit them and put them on a CD. I give the customers full copyright permission to do what they want with the photographs and to have as many prints made as they want at the place of their choice.

With school starting back this week, I will have a lot less spare time. My plan for now is to take a couple weeks off from taking pictures for two reasons. I am about to get way behind on editing photos. It takes a good two weeks with a lot of hours spent editing pictures from each photo session. And, second, I want to give my family time to adjust to being back in the "school" routine - earlier bedtimes, homework, etc. Although I love doing photography, it is currently low in my priority list of things to do. My time is spent during the day taking care of four very small children - three of which are in diapers, and I am pretty worn out by the end of the day.

I have a lot of great ideas for the future for both of my business ventures - especially photography - and can't wait to see what the future holds. For right now, I am going to make sure I have plenty of time to enjoy my kids before they grow up AND maybe have time to squeeze in a few dates with my husband (hint, hint)!

I only plan to schedule ONE photography session per week until I feel like I have more time to spare. SO if you have already contacted me about doing a session in September, please call me after Labor Day to reserve your spot.

THANKS, again, to everyone for allowing me to pursue my passions! I am blessed!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Harbin said...

I have said it before and I will say it again, you are very talented. Your gift of photography and figuring out the darn photo editing software is amazing. I want to schedule a shoot for Ciara when you have time. Her birthday is in December, so later in the fall closer to her birthday will be great! I will get with you about it. Once again, AWESOME JOB!!!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...